The Account Manager will secure profitable business for their branch(es) and the company by selling the company’s portfolio of services, rentals, and products to potential and existing energy, broadband, transportation, and construction customers with who they develop and maintain effective customer/vendor relationships. The Account Manager is expected to meet or exceed sales/margin targets by using proper planning, effective sales presentations, a thorough understanding of industry trends and our competitors’ positions in the market, and continuous follow-up before and after the sale. The Account Manager will also conduct studies of their assigned territory, identify new potential customers and their needs, emphasize the advantage of engaging with our company, and implement strategies to attract and retain customers through effective collaboration with Operations and other key departments. This position is an active hands-on role requiring routine weekly travel, primarily within an assigned sales territory.
- Responsible for attending and conducting weekly sales and cold call appointments with key decision makers on potential and existing accounts including, but not limited to, visiting the customer’s facility and/or job site, video and phone calls, email, etc.
- Build and maintain a solid and qualified pipeline, establishing professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer contacts at all levels in relevant departments such as purchasing, engineering, project management, quality assurance, senior leadership, etc.
- Proactively identify and secure opportunities to help customers solve problems, quote on customer requirements, assist in providing job estimates, provide technical assistance as needed, and keep customers up to date on new developments
- Maintain involvement in execution of customer’s project/order to ensure that all services and products are meet or exceed the contracted expectations and conditions by consistently collaborating with Operations, Billing, and other key departments
- Effectively convey the Company’s focus on safety to employees and customers, and promote Statewide Traffic Safety’s network of companies ability and commitment to deliver safe, high-quality, and on-time services
- Network as key point of contact for sales within assigned territory, identifying and executing on opportunities to increase sales by participating in various events, including but not limited to trade shows, association meetings and conferences, industry events, etc.
- Track and regularly provide reports on all activity, target achievement, sales forecasts, lost business, orders and quotes, problems and recommended solutions for customer/vendor relationship or project concerns, changes in assigned territory or industry trends that may affect the Company, etc.
- Collaborate with Inside Sales, Billing, and Branch and Area Managers on sales strategies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by leaders in Operations, Sales, or Corporate