AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 6,500 professionals helps secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers, and our teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain, and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband, and transportation sectors and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency
The Customer Relations & Accounts Receivable Lead is responsible for delivering excellence in service and contributing to the mission of protecting businesses, people, and time. This role will work directly with the Customer Relations team to reduce delinquent accounts, coordinate payment resolution, administer communications regarding collection issues, and ensure timely and accurate daily cash applications. The Customer Relations & Accounts Receivable Lead is responsible for collaboration across all levels to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Oversees the daily application of cash and adjusts to ensure adequate coverage and correct procedures are followed.
- Resolves escalated cash issues and/or unique, complex payment application requests.
- Monitor and resolve the unapplied cash
- Manage credit card customers, their open AR, and payments
- Post and reconcile daily cash
- Post and complete intercompany bank transactions to the general ledger
- Lead the reconciliation and integration of future acquisition receivables
- Address cash application questions and discrepancies timely
- Communicate with internal and/or external customers
- Act as a resource for other functions within AWP to grow the business
- Provide training and support as requested
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of AR/Billing experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and terminology; strong math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Intense focus on accuracy and attention to detail; organized
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking skills – ability to understand specific needs of customers
- Outgoing & assertive personality – ability to secure additional business
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Products (Excel, Word)
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Salesforce software preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- The main hours of operation are M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- 40-hour work week
- Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
- Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Proficient literacy
- he employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE/PERKS
- Benefits-eligible 1st of the month following hire
- All traditional benefits are offered, including 3 medical plan options and 2 dental plan options, as well as additional benefits such as Legal and Identity Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Company paid 50k in basic life insurance
- Company paid LTD
- Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts Available
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- AWP named one of America’s Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law