The Account Receivable and Collections Analyst maintains the daily workflow and resources of the Accounts Receivable Department including, but not limited to, the billing and payment application processes, as well as the credit/collection function.
- Ensure cash is created in the system.
- Ensure cash is posted to the correct customer accounts.
- Ensure cash is applied down to the invoice level.
- Manage small balance adjustments (relative to the application of cash).
- Manage the application of credits and invoices (i.e., zero balance batches or adjustment batches)
- Reconcile daily cash receipts to the bank deposit.
- Post cash in an accurate and timely manner to meet required daily deadlines.
- Process credit card transactions for invoices and CODs.
- Manage credit card portals capturing daily payments including selection and running of payments.
- Complete corrective payment entries on customer accounts.
- Perform collection calls and emails on the assigned portfolios of customers.
- Reconcile customer balances to ensure accuracy and alignment with the customer.
- Obtain agreements to pay and arrange and enforce payment plans.
- Collaborate with the AR team, Sales, Customer Service, and Finance regarding disputes and problem accounts and develop resolutions to collect the outstanding balances.
- Document conversations and establish a follow-up routine for timely collection.
- Manage AR & Waiver Box.
- Other projects as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience of both cash application and collections
- Ability to perform billing tasks efficiently to meet close deadlines.
- Ability to learn various systems quickly.
- An intermediate level of Microsoft Excel is required. Proficient with Excel functions such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and building templates.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (D365) is a plus.
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and ability to work independently to initiate change.
- Positive attitude with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a high-volume environment.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to meet goals within the billing cycle.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation may vary based on staffing needs and workload
- The majority of time will be in an office setting
- Position may lift or carry objects up to 20 pounds
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE/PERKS
- Benefits-eligible 1st of the month following hire.
- All traditional benefits are offered, including 3 medical plan options and 2 dental plan options, as well as additional benefits such as Legal and Identity Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness.
- Company paid 50k in basic life insurance.
- Company paid LTD.
- Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts Available
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- AWP named one of America’s Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
Trafficade, a company of Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.