AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 6,500 professionals helps secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers, and our teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain, and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband, and transportation sectors and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency.
The Account Manager will represent AWP, Inc. to prospective and existing accounts in the utility,
construction, engineering, and event categories in the assigned regional geographic area. Responsible for maintaining existing business, with a strong focus on identifying new business through personal and telephone communication. The Regional Sales Manager is also responsible for collecting and understanding industry trends to be competitive in the traffic control market. Responsibilities include developing relationships with the key decision-making personnel in both existing and prospective accounts while participating in the account targeting process led by the Director of Sales.
- Strategically develop and implement profitable sales growth plans within assigned territory, to ensure alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Actively manage an existing pipeline of opportunities, with a strong focus on growing new opportunities.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of sales opportunities to exceed sales initiatives for new projects within the customer/prospect base.
- Maintain rapport with existing customers, while building a strong customer partnership as new sales opportunities are identified.
- Identify key account decision-makers and establish professional relationships.
- Perform customer follow-up activity to ensure brand promise and the operating performance is satisfactory.
- Collect and communicate industry trends and competitive activity within the assigned business territory regarding competitive practices.
- Manage overall relationships with internal and external customers: negotiate sales contracts, rate
- adjustment(s), renewals and maintain sales forecast and CRM updates.
- Work closely with the inside sales team to ensure an excellent experience when providing quotes and other requested information.
- Identify high-potential prospect accounts and convert them to new growth opportunities.
- Partner with Billing, Collections, and AR on organizational changes to ensure an excellent most custom experience with accurate and on-time billing, while helping support resolution and retention.
- Work closely with Regional Operations Management to drive growth and overall customer experience.
- Alignment with Regional Sales Managers in support of National Account channel partners
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Develop and Maintain Salesforce Account information.
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of sales experience with demonstrated customer service acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstratable track record of successful selling in a B2B environment
- Availability to work and travel within the assigned territory 75% of the time
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation, and sales skills
- Superior sales instincts and drive, extremely self-motivated, highly persistent, and focused
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee must be able to successfully handle the demands of this position, which include the following:
- Expect a 45+ hour workweek
- Hours may vary based on workload and travel
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE/PERKS
- Benefits-eligible 1st of the month following hire
- All traditional benefits are offered, including 3 medical plan options and 2 dental plan options, as well as additional benefits such as Legal and Identity Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Company paid 50k in basic life insurance
- Company paid LTD
- Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts Available
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- AWP named one of America’s Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.