AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 6,500 professionals helps secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers, and our teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain, and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband, and transportation sectors and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator provides administrative support to the Talent Acquisition team in their recruitment efforts and employment processes.
- Manages the pre-employment and onboarding process of all new employees
- Reviews background checks clears for hire
- Schedules new employees into appropriate New Hire Orientation and safety training classes
- Ensures new employees have equipment and IT readiness on day one
- Arranges for new hire kit delivery
- Assists with sourcing and screening during the recruitment selection process.
- Edits and posts position on applicant tracking system, internet job boards, etc.
- Schedules interviews with hiring leaders as needed
- Arranges travel for candidates
- Attends and may participate in the facilitation of high school and college job fairs and special events. Prepares and organizes supportive materials for distribution.
- Serves as an initial contact for Talent related questions
- HS Diploma or equivalent, College preferred
- 1-year customer service support role
- Accurate typing skills with the ability to type 40 wpm
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain efficiency, work independently
- Interest in human resources preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation are M-F, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- 40-hour work week Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
- Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- Proficient literacy
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE/PERKS
- Benefits-eligible 1st of the month following hire
- All traditional benefits are offered, including 3 medical plan options and 2 dental plan options, as well as additional benefits such as Legal and Identity Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Company paid 50k in basic life insurance
- Company paid LTD
- Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts Available
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- AWP named one of America’s Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.