AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 6,500 professionals helps secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers, and our teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain, and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband, and transportation sectors and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency.
We believe in a team and upbeat culture. If you feel the same, let’s chat!
As a part of the HR team, you will be warmly welcomed into a friendly, high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun environment. We don’t mind wearing a few different hats to help each other out. We are an open-minded team of knowledgeable, critical-thinking professionals working tenaciously towards enterprise goals.
We are seeking a critical thinker, true detective, problem solver, and one who firmly believes in data integrity. The Benefits Analyst investigates, analyzes, evaluates, and administers AWP’s benefit plans. This role will support the business in its enterprise objectives through data and system design. The Benefits Analyst will promote team member engagement and retention by completely owning the responsibilities outlined below.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Implement data standards and processes to extract, interpret, synthesize, and validate data from different sources and be able to transform data into usable metrics as needed
- Assess benefits eligibility for all team members amongst different waiting periods
- This includes hours calculation, which requires proficient Excel skills
- Build benefit plans, groups, and enrollment sessions within UKG Pro
- Prepare Ad Hoc benefit reports utilizing BI/Cognos, carrier portals, etc.
- Ensure benefits data optimization and integrity in UKG
- Review and resolve carrier file feed discrepancy reports
- Establish consistent UKG benefit/deduction audits
- Troubleshoot and resolve benefit/deduction data issues
- Perform monthly invoice reviews, resolve discrepancies, approve payment
- Collaborate with Finance and Payroll teams regarding invoice payments and deduction reconciliations
- Work alongside Benefits Coordinator to create a process to assess missed premiums and customize payroll deduction schedules to accommodate atypical benefits payments for team members who go out on LOA, have low/no work hours, etc.
- Assess and prepare required data for Forms 1094-C and 1095-C
- Gather data for Employer Shared Responsibility Payments (ESRP) response to IRS
- Assist 5500 administrators (Wrangle) with data collection
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Coordinate and produce data for the annual 401(k) audit
- Make suggestions to enhance enterprise processes and engagement in total rewards
- Serve as secondary contact for team member benefit questions
- Escalate or transfer issues as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Capability to operate commonly used formulas (e.g., vlookup, IF statements, True/False, TRIM, SUM) as well as pivot tables, charts, drop-down lists, etc.
- Experience with UKG, especially with benefits administration/setup and BI reporting preferred
- At least 2 years of benefits administration experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex matters
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- True ownership of job duties
- Ability to foster a positive culture
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE/PERKS
· Hybrid work schedule (50/50 in office/remote)
· Relaxed business casual dress for in-office days (jeans are acceptable every day!)
· A high-achieving, gregarious, and well-respected team
· Benefits eligible 1st of the month following hire
· All traditional benefits offered, including 3 medical plan options and 2 dental plan options, as well as additional benefits such as Legal and Identity Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness
· Company paid 50k in basic life insurance
· Company paid LTD
· Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts Available
· Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
· AWP named one of America’s Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional requirements: Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds. This position is primarily sedentary or working at a desk. The team member is frequently required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear.
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.