Statewide, a company of AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our team of 6,500 professionals helps secure 2,000 work zones every day – ensuring customer crews, drivers, and our own teams get home safely. We protect those who operate, maintain, and upgrade infrastructure in the energy, broadband, and transportation sectors and provide traffic control for major events like the Boston Marathon.
Since our founding in 1981, we have served customers through the talent of extraordinary team members committed to customer focus, growth, valuing each other, safety and quality, and a sense of urgency.
The Regional Controller position is a key management role and will manage all financial activities of the Mountain Division while reporting directly to the SVP, Corporate Controller.
The role will have primary responsibility for managing and controlling the accounting and cash-related activities of the company. This will include leadership of the monthly close process, creating and implementing policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues, and creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. The ideal candidate will want to roll up their sleeves and dive into day-to-day issues, as well as participate as a value-added partner to business operations and analytics teams.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close processes and financial reporting processes.
- Ensure all financial transactions are completed accurately, occur in accordance with management's authorization, and are timely and accurately recorded in the company's accounting systems.
- Ensure adherence to the company's accounting policies, and that the policies and financial statements are compliant with GAAP and any other regulatory requirements.
- Partner with FP&A for the monthly review of financial results
- Assist in the annual business planning and budgeting process
- Active involvement in ERP system comparison and implementation
- Adjust and maintain a detailed accounting system as required
- Analyze financial data including costing, pricing, and efficiency
- Compile documentation and analysis relative to production/service costs
- Assist with M&A activity
- Oversee weekly cash management and approve weekly payables.
- Manage regional accounting group
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 10+ years accounting experience
- CPA and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance is preferred
- Excellent computer skills including a high level of proficiency with ERP and MS Office products
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Highest level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently in a fast-changing and evolving service line
- Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
- Hours of operation are typically 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., M-F
- 40-hour workweek
- Primarily sedentary or working at a desk
- Occasionally lift and move 10 -25 pounds
- Proficient literacy
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, or reach with hands and arms
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE/PERKS
- Benefits-eligible 1st of the month following hire
- All traditional benefits are offered, including 3 medical plan options and 2 dental plan options, as well as additional benefits such as Legal and Identity Shield, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Company paid 50k in basic life insurance
- Company paid LTD
- Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts Available
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- AWP named one of America’s Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems, a company of AWP, complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, training, working conditions, compensation, and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.