Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS)Apply
Headquartered in Northeast Ohio, Area Wide Protective (AWP), is a rapidly growing national safety services provider committed to protecting our customers’ people, business, and time. AWP is America’s Traffic Control Leader, providing services for DOT and infrastructure projects as well as representing nearly every major public utility: electric, gas and telecommunications It is looking to add at least 10-15 TCS to its team in Greeley, Colorado.
*AWP will consider relocation for the strongest candidates with at least 3 years’ TCS experience, in addition to one of the following certifications: ATSSA Traffic Control and/or ATSSA Flagger!
AWP CORE VALUES
Customer Focused – Deliver on our commitments each and every time
Focused on Growth – Promote and encourage creative solutions
We Value our Employees – Develop our skills to excel at everything we do
Commitment to Safety and Quality – Have a passion for excellence
Sense of Urgency – Demonstrate enormous energy and the ability to motivate others
· Safety Bonus Opportunity, $125.00 per quarter, will increase with years of service
· Competitive Pay and opportunities for advancement
· Benefits – Health, Life and more
· Paid Training and Certification
As a partner of critical safety services in support of essential infrastructure, energy, telecom, water, and wastewater utility sectors, AWP is seeking Traffic Control Supervisors in your area.
As a TCS you will work in collaboration with the Facility Manager, Project Managers, and local AWP Team to support AWP’s core values and mission to protecting our customers’ people, business, and time. AWP TCS’s review and execute temporary traffic control plans and/or standards to ensure work zones are properly installed and maintained along with coordinating and communicating with customers to ensure the safety of all workers.
· Set up, maintain, and remove channelizing devices, and other traffic control equipment according to Federal, State, and/or Local Temporary Traffic Control Guidelines and Temporary Traffic Control Plans for complex work zones to ensure safe movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic through project locations and work zones.
· Coordinate and communicate work activity for onsite AWP personnel including Protectors (Flaggers), TMA Drivers, and Pilot Car Operators providing breaks and overall management of work zone operations
· Coordinate and communicate effectively with customers always maintaining a professional approach to meeting customers’ expectations
· Control a Flagger Station by standing and controlling vehicular and pedestrian traffic using hand signals with a STOP/SLOW paddle
· Drive Company vehicles to transport equipment, trailers, and team members to and from work sites in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. May also be required to pull lightweight trailered equipment
· Follow all company safety procedures and practices. Notifying their supervisor of any potential safety issues or incidents
· Provide on-the-job training, coaching, and mentoring to Protectors (Flaggers)
· Obtain all AWP required training within the time frame established by the Facility Manager
· Complete all required project documentation including Pre-Job Safety Briefings (PJSB), Daily Ticket Control Logs, Traffic Control Inspections, Vehicle Inspections, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· ATSSA or CCA Traffic Control Supervisor
· ATSSA or CCA Flagger Certification
· 3 to 5 years relevant experience preferred
· Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
· Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products
· Must be able to follow safe workplace practices and company safety guidelines
· Valid Driver’s License void of suspension or revocation
· Must be capable of standing 8-12 hours and lifting 80lbs repetitively using proper lifting techniques
· Competent working around a high volume, fast-moving traffic
· Available to work Monday-Sunday as well as nights and on-call depending on assigned project requirements and business/staffing needs
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The employee must be able to successfully handle the physical demands of this position, which include the following:
· Frequent exposure to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites including high noise level, fumes, and airborne particles in the work environment
· The position may work in outside conditions that include inclement weather, not limited to heat, cold, humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt
· Stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions; employee required to lift, push, pull and carry objects
· Position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
*AWP is a Fair Chance Employer and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories. All positions require the completion of a pre-employment background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.
Area Wide Protective (AWP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
PROTECTING YOUR PEOPLE, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR TIME.